Saturday 9 October 2010

Asia Holidays - Malasya

Malaysia was my first holiday place in Asia. Really good, and my proposal
myself go to somewhere different from China was filled. But difficult to find places around there completely different from China, you find them, but always you find quite a few things similar to China as China colonized almost all the countries in Asia, but still different culture, people are not so different physically as most of them are Chinese descendants, so they are not SO different, but Malaysian people are very nice and friendly.

But one thing that release me straight away was the majority of them speak English! What made feel really comfortable there.

There I stayed in Kuala Lumpur with a few friends that works for the Brazilian Embassy, their son had a girlfriend by the time that was Miss Malaysia, so top people there, was very nice these days I spent there, and I found out Malaysian is socially very divided by their country origins, they are divided by: Chinese-come from China and Chinese descendants, Indians come from India mostly are Muslims and the local ones the Malays,

It is very difficult to understand why they do segmented in these groups, but you can see it working when you walk in Kuala Lumpur and travel around the country, you have some areas that are for the Muslim, other for the Chinese , the Malays could mix better with all them.

For instance, I went to spend one week in a island in the east cost Pangkor Island and found out after arrived that most people in the island are Muslim.
I didn't think was a smart choice, but I was in holiday and I felt I must enjoy it and I did, but they couldn't believe I was there alone all the time they were asking me 'where is your husband?' after a while I started to feel uncomfortable there but this question happens also in other countries in Asia.

1 comment:

  1. hI really liked your blog. Whenever I can pass here to honor. It will be an honor to have them on our blog.

    THE ART OF NEWTON AVELINO
    http://www.aartedenewtonavelino.com

    BRAZILIAN CULTURE AND ART.S

    ReplyDelete