Tuesday 18 January 2011

Continuing my stories in Netherlands

After a little break, new year - 2011 - break, I'm returning to continuing my stories, now Im telling you my story about my life in Netherland.

My life there was quite OK, the only problem for me and my ex boyfriend was that I was working in Amsterdam. Amsterdam is a world apart in Netherlands, my feeling there was has not much about the Dutch way to be, more traditional; Amsterdam is very much, at least, seems much more liberal, open minded.

For me, living in Harlingen, small village situated in a very traditional area in Netherlands, and work Amsterdam, a very liberal city there, after a while it was a shock!

And emotionally it started to do a damage on me

I mean, I'm not exactly the sort of girl that can live well satisfied in a small village, I was trying to adapt myself to this reality but it was hard for me, specially living practically alone as my ex was going to work on the sea for 3 months; I knew people that I could enjoy myself with, but all them living around or in Amsterdam.

It was a tough time for me, I had love and money but in some ways very away from me - love yes, but my ex was 3 months away, working - money, yes, but I needed to drive everyday 2 hours to work and I wasn't live close to work, in Amsterdam!

Working in Amsterdam, feeling the atmosphere there and most of my workmates living there I started to feel pretty tempted to live there, I suggested it to my ex, and the answer was pretty rude ' It is much more expensive to live in Amsterdam ' and I tried to argue about the benefits to live there etc...

Then start my final nightmare there :(

2 comments:

  1. I hope all is well for you now. You are certainly very patient. This is the life of any adventurist :-)

    Cheers,
    Alioune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pôxa! quando eu me sentir só, pensarei em seus dias na Holanda.

    ReplyDelete